Safe Care with Us
Your health and safety is our highest priority.
We’re here to answers your questions about how we are keeping you safe when you come to the hospital for treatment or see your doctor for an appointment.
Virginia Hospital Center has long been recognized for excellence in patient safety. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have taken extra precautions to keep you safe, including:
- Providing all patients with a mask
- Frequent sanitizing of all exam rooms and common spaces
- Practicing social distancing
Your Surgery or Procedure
Throughout the pandemic, Virginia Hospital Center has continued to safely perform essential surgeries and procedures for patients with cancer, heart, stroke and other health conditions.
Learn more here about how we are keeping you safe.
Welcoming a Baby During COVID-19
You probably have a few questions and concerns as you prepare for your baby's arrival during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our expert physicians, nurses, and midwives are trained and are committed to providing you with safe, high-quality care and a comfortable experience.
Our Women & Infant Health staff are taking extra precautions to promote your safety and we are proud that little has changed regarding your delivery experience or comfort.
- All of our moms have private rooms with private bathrooms and showers.
- You are welcome to bring one support person and a certified midwife or doula for delivery.
- We have always stressed the importance of a safe, clean environment. Our rigorous safety procedures follow CDC’s guidelines to uphold your safety.