Our Centers of Excellence
VHC Health™ is committed to healthcare superiority and the sophistication of our medical and surgical services. National accreditations and third-party certifications of excellence speak to the high level of care that we offer.
- Designated as the first Nationally Accredited Breast Health Center in the State of Virginia and Washington, DC by The American College of Surgeons' National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission for:
- Primary Stroke Centers, a certification that reflects Virginia Hospital Center's record of—and commitment to—providing time-sensitive care paramount to ensure stroke patients have the best chance of recovery
- Total Joint Replacement (Hip and Knee), indicating the Hospital's excellence in patient pre-operative education, post-operative pain management, infection control and other measures
- Received the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer, an accomplishment that reflects the Hospital's successful dedication to providing highly coordinated, multidisciplinary cancer care
- Achieved the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) Clinical Hyperbaric Facility Accreditation, a Center of Excellence endorsement received by less than 10% of hyperbaric centers in the United States
- Recognized by Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center+ for Bariatric Surgery and accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) as a comprehensive center.
In addition to these prestigious outside recognitions, VHC Health™ takes pride in self-designated Centers of Excellence which include:
- Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery
- Women & Infant Health
Each offers comprehensive care and is staffed by a team of skilled physicians, nurses and other healthcare practitioners who have all undergone specialty training in their medical and/or surgical area of expertise, and continue to do so on an ongoing basis.